Explore women’s perspectives, expert insights, regional insights, and our library.
Practice gender-responsive disaster and climate risk reduction and resilience, drawing upon tools, documents, publications, and case studies arranged by topic.
Engage with the passionate community of disaster risk reduction, gender-equality, social inclusion, and resilience policymakers, researchers, and practitioners, including women’s organisations.
Significant progress is being made in the Caribbean on gender-responsive disaster and climate resilience. Read more
UN Women, UNDRR and UNFPA jointly developed a guide on how to ensure a gender-responsive and inclusive Midterm Review of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. Read more
It’s been a busy end of the year for Women’s Resilience to Disasters! Read the latest WRD Newsletter here.
The Women's Resilience to Disasters Framework provides the architecture for building women's disaster and climate resilience and for organising the WRD Knowledge Hub resources into topics.
- Cross-cutting Issues:
- Women's leadership, voice, agency, participation & advocacy
- Global frameworks
- Capabilities, awareness, knowledge and skills
- Pillar A: RISK
- Gender dimensions of disasters
- Gender data
- Gender-responsive risk assessment
- Gender-responsive needs assessment
- Pillar B: SYSTEMS
- Legislation, policies, strategies, plans & projects
- Budgets, expenditure and funding
- Information management systems
- Early warning, preparedness & risk communication systems
- Coordination mechanisms, networks, and partnerships