The Women’s Resilience to Disasters Framework provides the architecture for building women’s disaster and climate resilience and for organising the WRD Knowledge Hub resources into topics. It comprises three pillars:
A. RISK. Understanding gendered risks, interests, and needs;
B. SYSTEMS. Enabling gender-responsive systems; and
C. ACTION. Realising women’s resilience to disasters and threats.
Each of the three WRD pillars comprise a series of building blocks that together provide the foundation for ensuring the lives and livelihoods of women are more resilient to disasters.
Click on the diagram to find resources for each of our three pillars, their respective building blocks (topics), and the three cross-cutting issues: global frameworks, women's leadership, and capabilities.
- Cross-cutting Issues:
- Women's leadership, voice, agency, participation & advocacy
- Global frameworks
- Capabilities, awareness, knowledge and skills
- Pillar A: RISK
- Gender dimensions of disasters
- Gender data
- Gender-responsive risk assessment
- Gender-responsive needs assessment
- Pillar B: SYSTEMS
- Legislation, policies, strategies, plans & projects
- Budgets, expenditure and funding
- Information management systems
- Early warning, preparedness & risk communication systems
- Coordination mechanisms, networks, and partnerships